In an interview with the Orlando Sentinel, Mark Renfrow, show director with Disney Parks Live Entertainment, said that the work being done to bring Donald Duck to DinoLand USA is a permanent addition to the area.
Renfrow said that the theming will have a “slightly temporary feel” but that the “[changes] are here forever”. He claimed that the area will “feel much more alive and definitely have so much more for the family and the kids”.
When completed, the overlay will have seven brand new meet and greet areas, eight in total. Characters that will have their own meet and greet areas will be:
- Launchpad McQuack with a hangar backdrop
- Scrooge McDuck
- Donald Duck in a welcome center
- Daisy Duck in a costume design area
- Goofy in a midway game backdrop
- Pluto in the Boneyard
- Chip and Dale on the Cretaceous Trail