Disneyland has just rolled out a new “Flex” annual pass that will require passholders to make a reservation to enter the parks on select days. This is a really interesting offering, here are the details.
First, we’ll start with a quick video that Disney just released that explains the pass a bit.
Here are some of the FAQs that describe how the pass functions a bit better.
Reservations may be made on select dates online or by using the Disneyland app. They can be made up to 30 days in advance, and each Disney Flex Passport can hold 2 reservations during a 30-day window.
How do I make reservations?
- Make reservations by visiting the My Annual Passports page of the Disneyland website or the Tickets and Passes screen on the Disneyland app.
- You can make reservations for other Disney Flex Passholders whose passports are linked to your Disney account.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Each Disney Flex Passport can hold 2 reservations during a 30-day window.
- If you have 2 reservations during a 30-day window, you’ll have the opportunity to make another once your first reservation date has passed or if you cancel an existing reservation.
How do I cancel?
- You can cancel a reservation up until 11:59 PM of the day prior to the reservation date.
- Cancel by visiting the My Annual Passports page of the Disneyland website or the Tickets and Passes screen on the Disneyland app.
- There’s no limit to the number of cancellations you can make.
What if I’m a “no show”?
- Passholders who are a “no show” for 3 reservations in a 90-day window will be unable to make new reservations for 30 days after the third “no show.”
- If you enter the park for which you have a reservation at any time before closing on your reservation date, you won’t be considered a “no show.”
- If your reservation is for both parks, you only need to visit one to avoid being a “no show.”
Can any date be reserved?
- Reservations may be made only for “Reservation Required” dates.
- Reservations are limited and subject to availability.
- If all available reservations have been made for a date requiring reservations, the date becomes a “Reservation Unavailable” date. Check the Admission calendar for such dates.
- In addition to “Reservation Required” dates and “Reservation Unavailable” dates, this pass has “Good to Go” dates (no reservation required) and a limited number of blockout dates.
Take advantage of discounts on food, merchandise, special events and guided tours with an annual passport:
- Dining: Save up to 10% at many Disneyland Resort dining locations.
- Merchandise: Save up to 10% on select purchases at most Disneyland Resort merchandise locations.
- Events: Passholders can also save on select tickets for special events at the Disneyland Resort.
- Guided Tours: Save up to 15% when you customize your visit for the ultimate Disneyland Park experience! Includes select guided tours at the Disneyland Resort. Make advance reservations by calling (714) 781-TOUR or (714) 781-8687.
For more on the Flex Annual Pass, visit the Disneyland website.