Disney has come out with a strong denial of rumored changes coming to the Enchanted Tiki Room. Here is their statement.
A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon. We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971.
If you want to put a feather in your own cap, here are the top five things to know and share with your friends about Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room:
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is home to 88 singing birds, and over 225 choreographed Audio-Animatronic performers in total.
- Walt Disney was inspired to pursue the concept of singing birds after seeing a little mechanical bird on a trip to New Orleans.
- The Tiki Room was originally envisioned as a restaurant with a show, but eventually became the classic attraction that we know today.
- A version of the attraction exists at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Tokyo Disneyland.
- While the Walt Disney World Resort attraction has gone through some changes over the years, it continues to delight thousands of Guests each day!