The Walt Disney World theme parks will close early tomorrow as a result of Hurricane Dorian. Here are the adjusted hours of operation:
- Magic Kingdom: 8am to 3pm
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9am to 3pm
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8am to 2pm
- Epcot: 7am to 3pm
- Disney Springs: 10am to 3pm
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 10am to 3pm
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf: 10am to 3pm
Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf: 10am to 3pm
Disney has not made any statements as to the operational status for the theme parks beyond September 3rd and will assess the parks after the storm passes and update guests with park hours.
In addition, the following operational adjustments have been made:
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will still continue for Monday, September 2nd, but a modified version of the Not-So-Scary fireworks will be shown
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth has been canceled for September 2nd
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will present a modified version of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
- The 9:30pm Rivers of Light show has been canceled at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for September 2nd
Disney Resort Hotels
Disney Resort hotels remain open. In keeping safety top of mind, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be closed beginning September 3 at 3 p.m. and will reopen following the storm when it is safe to do so.
Disney has contacted guests with current and upcoming reservations at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to relocate them to other resorts on property and to help them plan for anticipated weather impacts.
- Spirit of Aloha dinner shows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will be canceled on Tuesday, September 3rd
- Boardwalk Promenade entertainment and food and beverage offerings may be limited during the storm.
- Monorails and buses don’t operate in winds over 39 MPH
- Ferry Boats don’t operate in winds over 20 MPH
Disney After Hours Canceled
Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been canceled on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Guests with pre-purchased event tickets for this date are able to exchange their tickets for one of the following options:
- Tickets to attend another Disney After Hours event in 2019.
- Tickets to a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party event in 2019.
- 1-Day Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper Option, which can be used any day prior to December 31, 2020.
- Receive a full refund for event tickets.
To redeem these other options, guests should call (407) 939-7818 by December 15, 2019 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, or email [email protected]
On September 3rd, theme park dining reservations will be honored up to one hour prior to park closing. Resort dining reservations will be honored until 5:30 p.m. Effective immediately, Disney will not be enforcing cancellation policies for dining and other experiences, so there’s no need to cancel existing reservations through Tuesday, September 3rd. Pre-paid dining and other experiences outside of the modified operating hours for Sept. 3 will be automatically canceled and refunded.
Keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest cancelations, closures, and updates from Walt Disney World.