We made it out to Disney Springs today to find crews putting the finishing touches on the installation of the larger-than-life screen that will sit atop the entrance to The NBA Experience.
Here’s a look at the screen; first compared to the concept art, and then compared to how it looked earlier in construction.
Another look at the screen, complete with multi-story floor to ceiling window panels to the left of it.
When we arrived, crews were just placing the last few panels along the bottom of the screen. The screen will be used to stream some highlights and, from the looks of it, live games to guests on the walkway.
Moving down the walkway, we find the indoor/outdoor bar and grill named City Works. City Works was originally scheduled to open Summer 2019 with the rest of The NBA Experience, but it has been delayed until winter 2019. A wrap-around ticker is already installed beneath some of the themed paneling.
Nearby, we see work taking place at Cirque du Soleil.
Here’s a closer look at some of the themed paneling that wraps around the building. If you find some of it difficult to make out, fear not, it’s tough to see in person as well.
Here’s a rundown of some of the experiences coming to The NBA Experience when it opens on August 12th:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
- Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games