Shanghai Disneyland has begun to roll out their own version of a virtual queue system called Disney Standby Pass. Here are all the details:
What is a Disney Standby Pass?
A Disney Standby Pass is an online reservation tool launched by Shanghai Disney Resort to help guests better plan their queuing schedule for a more relaxed park experience. For attractions where the Disney Standby Pass is applicable, the corresponding attractions are only open to guests who hold either a Disney Standby Pass or Disney Premier Access for the corresponding time period. You can pick up a Disney Standby Pass — available on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App for no extra charge and subject to availability, so you can wait in line for the attraction within your selected time frame.
Disney Standby Pass Attractions Include (During the Trial Operation Period):
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Fantasyland
Disney Standby Pass attractions are subject to change and are only available to guests with valid park admission tickets.
To check Disney Standby Pass and Disney Fastpass availability, please refer to the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App. Guests may purchase Disney Premier Access for any attraction while also holding a Disney Standby Pass or Disney Fastpass.
Disney Standby Passes will be released in the App on an hourly basis, based on that day’s official park operating hours. Each Disney Standby Pass corresponds to a 60-minute interval for the guest to arrive at the Disney Standby Pass entrance. The quota for each day is limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The final release of Disney Standby Passes is approximately two hours before the park’s announced closing time.
How It Works:
To make a selection on your mobile device:
- Step 1 – Download the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App before you arrive at the park and create your own account with your mobile phone number or email address.
- Step 2 – After entering the park, open the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App, sign in and select “Get Standby Pass”, and scan the QR code on your park ticket.
- Step 3 – Create a party in the App by linking your group member’s park tickets so you can enjoy the attractions together using the same Disney Standby Pass return time. Ensure all members of your party have entered the park.
- Step 4 – Select the attraction you want to get a Disney Standby Pass for.
- Step 5 – Confirm the selection for your Disney Standby Pass.
- Step 6 – To redeem, go to the Disney Standby Pass return entrance at the attraction at the designated return time, and then show your QR code, found in “My Plan” on the App or the QR code on your park ticket.
Disney Standby Pass Rules
- Disney Standby Pass is only valid on the day of issue and can only be redeemed during the time selected.
- Guests with a Disney Standby Pass must enter attractions via the designated Disney Standby Pass entrances. Everyone in the party must have their own Disney Standby Pass, which is linked to their park tickets.
- Disney Standby Pass is subject to availability.
- Guests may obtain a Disney Standby Pass on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App.
- Disney Standby Passes are linked to park tickets. Please always keep your park ticket secure.
- At the Disney Standby Pass entrance of the attraction, a Cast Member will scan your park ticket to verify the visual identity of the park ticket holder.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com for the latest Disney Parks news and photos. We’ll continue to bring you news and photos, where possible, through the Disney Parks closure due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will resume our normal coverage once the parks reopen to guests on July 11th!