Some changes have gone into effect today for the Disney Genie+ service, and it looks like Disney World has updated some wording on their website that more clearly lays out the rules on when you can make another Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane selection. Most notably, Disney has made the “120-minute rule” official. We’ve discussed the 120-minute rule extensively in our reports from using the Disney Genie+ service, but this is the first time that we’re aware that Disney is formally acknowledging the rule as part of the Disney Genie+ service.
In addition to the 120-minute rule being formally acknowledged, Disney is now clearly stating the “rules” for using the Disney Genie+ service. It’s worth noting that the “rules” haven’t changed, they’ve just been more clearly communicated by Disney. Here’s a look at the new wording:
Lightning Lane Entry Through Disney Genie+ Service
Use the Lightning Lane entrances offered through Disney Genie+ service and save time waiting in line. On average, Guests can enter 2 to 3 attractions or experiences per day using Lightning Lane entrances, if the first selection is made early in the day.
You can enjoy a Disney Genie+ service Lightning Lane entrance once per day. If you’d like to experience an attraction again or see a certain show again within the same day, you are welcome to use our regular standby line.
What’s the Price?
Disney Genie+ service may be purchased for $15 plus tax (USD) per person per day.
How to Purchase Disney Genie+ Service:
- From the main menu in the My Disney Experience mobile app select “My Disney Genie Day”.
- Select the “My Day” tab, then tap “Get Disney Genie+ for Today.”
What Are the Rules?
- Make sure you have valid admission and a theme park reservation to the same park on the same day.
- Disney Genie+ service Lightning Lane selections can only be made one at a time. You must redeem an existing Disney Genie+ service Lightning Lane selection or wait 2 hours—whichever comes first—before making another Lightning Lane entrance selection through Disney Genie+ service. Please note: the 2-hour wait to make another selection begins when the park opens, even if you made your first booking at 7:00 AM.
- All attractions and experiences are subject to availability.
- Guests may be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service the day of their park visit and make their first Lightning Lane selections at 7:00 AM.
Disney Genie+ service, attractions and experiences may vary by date, are subject to change or closure, are limited in availability and are not guaranteed and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time you make a selection. Price, terms and entitlements are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.
Please Remember: To enter a theme park, both a valid admission and theme park reservation for the same park and same date are required. Parks and park reservations are limited, subject to capacity and availability, and specific dates or parks are not guaranteed.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news, photos, and info from around the Disney Parks!