Disney has just announced that they will resume sailing from Florida starting next month! Here’s the announcement:
It’s time to experience the magic of Disney at sea once again!
Beginning August 9, the Disney Dream will kick off our long-awaited return to cruising from the U.S.—with tropical voyages to the Bahamas departing from Port Canaveral, Florida. Three- and four-night cruises will visit our private island, Castaway Cay, for an unforgettable vacation at sea.
I’m speaking on behalf of our entire cast and crew when I emphatically say, “We have missed you!” Right now, we’re working hard to get ready for your return, and our focus remains on operating in a responsible way while creating magic for all on board. That’s why we’ve enhanced our health and safety measures to promote wellness for guests and crew aboard our ships and in the destinations we visit.
As always, our ships are overflowing with magic—from beloved character encounters to enchanting Broadway-style musicals and a spectacular fireworks display at sea. And, you’ll be pleased to know that we’ve come up with new and exciting ways to create memories together—tailored to our times and presented with all the care you’ve come to expect from Disney Cruise Line.
To discover more, take a look at the video below and visit disneycruise.com for the latest information—including experience updates and details about our multi-layered approach to health and safety.
- Disney Cruise Line strongly encourages all eligible Guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before sailing.
- Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (paid for at the Guest’s expense) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special rate of $98.33 per PCR test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee) through our third-party vendor, Inspire Diagnostics. Guests may also obtain their PCR test from any independent testing supplier. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID19 pre-trip testing. To learn more about how to provide proof of your negative COVID-19 PCR test result, please visit: Before Leaving Home: Know Before You Go.
- Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: Guests are required to undergo a rapid PCR COVID-19 test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal prior to boarding. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, as well as those in their travel party, will be denied boarding. The $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older. Disney Cruise Line acts as the paying agent for Inspire Diagnostics and will remit the entire cost of the COVID-19 test to Inspire Diagnostics. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID-19 Embarkation Day testing.
- Embarkation Day Health Questionnaire: Guests are required to complete a health questionnaire related to COVID-19 and gastrointestinal illnesses on Embarkation Day. Guests are also required to attest as to whether they have experienced or are currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone suspected of or confirmed as having COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- Crew Members: All Crew Members will be screened for symptoms of illness before every shift. Crew Members showing any symptoms or feeling unwell will refrain from working.
- All Guests (ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19) are required to wear face coverings indoors.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news and photos from around the Disney Parks!