The Orlando International Airport (MCO) has shared its forecast for the busiest days of this holiday season. Nearly 3 million passengers are expected to pass through MCO during the holiday season, and here’s the forecast for the busiest days:
MCO also shared the following holiday travel tips for passengers:
- Arrive at least three hours before your flight to allow for added parking, ticketing and security screening times.
- Parking could be a challenge. Consider being dropped off and picked up on the curb. When picking up arriving passengers, MCO staff encourages using the airport’s cell phone waiting lots. Travelers should call for pick-up once they have retrieved all of their bags.
- Be prepared for extended waiting periods at any stage along your journey.
- Weapons are prohibited in carry-on bags. Firearms are allowed in checked baggage but must be unloaded and secured in a hard case.
- Do not wrap presents going through security. They may be subject to inspection.
- After going through screening, do not forget to retrieve your personal items. Every holiday season thousands of watches and other items are left at TSA checkpoints.
- Consider signing up for the complimentary MCO Reserve checkpoint reservation program, which allows travelers to select a screening time to avoid possible lines at the security checkpoints.
- Take advantage of digital tools for travel assistance. MCO’s website orlandoairports.net, the MCO app and the TSA website tsa.gov offer updated information and tips for optimizing the holiday travel experience.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news, photos, and info from around the Disney Parks!