At a press conference from the Reedy Creek Fire Department, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill for the State of Florida to take over the Reedy Creek Improvement District.
Some of the more notable points of the bill are:
- Reedy Creek Improvement District to be renamed Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
- Board of Supervisors to consist of five members
- Board of Supervisors members to be picked by Florida Governor and confirmed by Senate
- Board members cannot have worked for a theme park or entertainment complex in the past three years
- Board members must be Florida residents
- RCID can keep name for two years to continue to do business
- Reedy Creek Improvement District will not be dissolved on June 1, 2023 – it will continue under new name and rules
- All debts and obligations of existing RCID continue to be valid and binding
Here is video of the press conference.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news, photos, and info from around the Disney Parks!
“All debts and obligations of existing RCID continue to be valid and binding” But….Ronny told us Disney was going to pay all of RCID’s debt.
DeSantis needs to focus on obtainable housing, homelessness , rent Stabilization and mental health and stop acting like a toddler throwing threats to whoever refuses to bow down to him. It’s embarrassing to see a elected official harassing, intimidating and bullying companies and his constituents.
Comments are closed.