According to the Disney Programs website, the new Disney College Program housing complex will support gender-neutral housing options.
Gender-neutral housing provides our program participants, based on availability, the option to live and roommate link with whomever they choose, regardless of their gender. Please note, only participants who choose to live in gender-neutral apartments will be assigned to these apartments.
What is gender-neutral housing?
- Gender-neutral housing refers to a housing option in which program participants are given the opportunity to share their apartment with other participants, regardless of their gender.
- Participants who select this option would still be given the opportunity to link with a roommate, if available, as well as select apartment preferences.
- Gender-neutral housing is based on availability.
How are the rooms assigned in a gender-neutral apartment?
- Your apartment and bedroom will be assigned for you. If offered, if you have selected a roommate link, you will be assigned a room together.
Is gender-neutral housing only for participants who are members of the LGBTQ+ community?
- No. Gender-neutral housing is for anyone who wants to live with people with whom they feel comfortable, no matter their gender.
- Participants who elect this option must be open to living with a person of any gender.
Can students be randomly assigned to a room of the opposite gender?
- Participants will not automatically be placed in a gender-neutral apartments unless they indicated that they would be comfortable residing in gender-neutral housing.
- If there is a vacancy in the apartment, it will only be filled by a participant who has selected gender-neutral housing.
For a tour of the all-new Disney College Program housing, check out our full tour below!
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news, photos, and info from around the Disney Parks!