The Hong Kong Observatory has issued Typhoon Signal 8, prompting parts of the nation to shut down as Tropical Cyclone Kompasu approaches. Signal 8 is the third-highest alert for a cyclone, and the Hong Kong Observatory expects it to remain in place through sunrise tomorrow morning (October 13).
To that end, Hong Kong Disneyland has issued an update on its operations:
Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal Number 8 or above has been issued by the Hong Kong Observatory. The Park will delay opening until approximately 2-3 hours after Gale or Storm Signal Number 8 is cancelled, and will have limited operations. If this signal is cancelled when the park’s operation hours will be less than approximately 7 hours, the Park will close for the rest of the day. Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre will remain closed until further notice. Please check the website for the latest information.
Hong Kong Disneyland, which has been operating on a modified schedule with the theme park closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, will remain closed on Wednesday, October 13, and instead operate on Thursday, October 14 after the typhoon is expected to pass. Here’s a look at their operating calendar, showing the shift in operations.
Here’s a further breakdown of Hong Kong Disneyland’s typhoon policy:
Typhoon Signal #8 or #9 or #10
(Issued Before Park Opens)
- Park opening will be delayed for approximately 2 to 3 hours after the signal is lowered. If this signal is cancelled when the park’s operation hours will be less than approximately 7 hours, the park will remain closed for the rest of the day.
(Issued During Park Hours)
- The park closes.
- If the Hong Kong Observatory issues the advance notice of Typhoon Signal No. 8 on or before 4:30 PM:
- The validity of the used tickets will be extended for 6 months starting from the day of the inclement weather. Different ticket types may have different arrangements, please call +852 1-830-830 for enquiries or visit our website for details. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Please retain and bring your original tickets to the following location (within 6 months starting from the day of the inclement weather) to exchange for a new ticket of the same day type:
- Guest Relations locations at Hong Kong Disneyland Park
- If the Hong Kong Observatory issues the advance notice of Typhoon Signal No. 8 after 4:30 PM:
- No ticket exchange is allowed.
- Guests with unused tickets can visit the park on another day within ticket valid period.
(Issued Before Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre Opens)
- Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre will be closed for the whole day.
(Issued During Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre Open Hours)
- Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre closes for the rest of the day.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news and photos from around the Disney Parks!