Disney World has announced cancelations and operational impacts due to Hurricane Ian. Here’s the latest (Updated September 29th at 3pm):
Disney World Closures & Cancelations
UPDATE (9/29 3pm): We continue to closely monitor weather conditions as we assess the impact of Hurricane Ian on our property. While theme parks and many operating areas remain closed to guests today, we anticipate weather conditions to improve this evening. Walt Disney World Resort will resume theme park and Disney Springs operations in a phased approach starting on Friday, Sept. 30. Please check back later today for updated Operating hours.
Walt Disney World will temporarily close our theme parks on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29:
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a usage window impacted by Hurricane Ian related park closure will automatically be extended to use the remaining entitlements through any date through September 30, 2023.
For the safety of our Guests and Cast Members, Guests must check in to our resorts on Sept. 28, by 3 p.m. Please feel free to reschedule your trip or cancel your stay with us; any customary cancellation fees will be waived.
- Guests that are checked in by 3 p.m. Wednesday will be asked to shelter in place at their resort for the duration of the storm, this includes any resort-to-resort transfers
- Guests are strongly encouraged to enjoy food and beverage offerings at the parks and Disney Springs before returning to their Resort hotels.
- Dining options for Guests staying in our Resort hotels will vary, and in some cases may be very limited. Where available, restaurants will accept walk-ups only; Guests will not need dining reservations.
- Characters will not be available in character dining locations on Wednesday and Thursday
- The Grand Floridian Spa will close at noon Wednesday, Sept. 28.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will temporarily close Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyages departing Tuesday, Sept. 27 and Thursday, Sept. 29 have been canceled due to the potential impact on the Guest experience. Guests with reservations for these dates are asked to please call 407-939-5209 for help with modifying their plans.
Water Parks & Mini Golf
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will close temporarily Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29. (Disney’s Blizzard Beach is currently closed).
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf will also temporarily close Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29.
Dining, Enchanting Extras, Reservations, and Special Events
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom has been cancelled for Thursday, Sept. 29.
Effective immediately, we will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and VIP Tours.
Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue have been cancelled Sept. 28 through Sept. 30 in light of the temporary closure of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests with pre-paid reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Disney Springs & ESPN Wide World of Sports
Disney Springs will be closed on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29.
Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney will be cancelled on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday Sept 29.
Guests are strongly encouraged to enjoy food and beverage offerings at the parks and Disney Springs before returning to their Resort hotels.
- Walt Disney World Transportation will stop operating Tuesday night after Disney Springs and the Walt Disney World theme parks close.
- Limited Minnie Van and Mears taxi service will be offered to Walt Disney World resort Guests with existing breakfast reservations.
The most up-to-date information about temporary closures and impacts will be available via the My Disney Experience app, DisneyWorld.com/Weather and the Disney Travel website.
Please note that all reopening timelines are tentative, and subject to safety conditions.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news, photos, and info from around the Disney Parks!