As Disneyland continues to host community events for their DisneylandForward theme park rezoning/expansion project, they are increasing the frequency of community events slightly throughout the summer. Here’s a look at upcoming events:
- May 20, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
- June 3, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
Walnut Grove Park
- June 10, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
- July 8, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
- July 22, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
- August 12, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
- September 9, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
- October 14, 2023 / 9 am – 11 am
Ronald Reagan Park
The DisneylandForward project is really a rezoning effort by Disneyland to utilize hotel space as theme park space. Concept art released by Disneyland showcases what appears to be a third theme park, but is actually a loosely attached expansion of both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks. While it’s not immediately clear in the concept art above, it is more obvious in the graphic below. The theme park expansion areas would connect to each park, but be across Disneyland Drive and likely feel quite detached from each existing theme park. Disneyland is also seeking approvals for a Disney Springs-style complex southeast of the current theme park footprint.
While Disney didn’t commit to any attractions or experiences, they did give proposals for what could be in each area.
Disneyland Park Expansion
Disney said that the Tokyo DisneySea expansion “could be the perfect inspiration for the future of Disneyland Park”. In the proposal, they cited a Frozen-themed land, a Tangled-themed land, and a Neverland area. Here’s a look at the relevant concept art and a more detailed breakdown:
- Guests visit Arendelle, the home of Elsa and Anna, and explore this ‘Frozen’ land filled with a thrilling boat adventure as well as a restaurant set inside a castle.
- Rapunzel’s tower overlooks a charming forest where guests board gondolas to the lantern festival to live Rapunzel’s “best day ever” with Flynn. A restaurant where she befriended a band of thieves in the film is also featured.
- The Neverland area features two attractions: one that, with the help of Tinker Bell, takes guests on a boat ride following the Lost Boys down a river; and the other taking guests on a journey to the middle of Pixie Hollow, where Tinker Bell and her fairy friends live. The area also includes a restaurant with spectacular views inspired by the Lost Boys’ iconic hideout.
Disney California Adventure Expansion
Disney proposed a more “technologically advanced” expansion for Disney California Adventure. Here’s a breakdown and a look at the relevant section of concept art released:
- Currently under construction at Shanghai Disneyland, guests will be invited to experience the mammalian metropolis of Zootopia “where anyone can be anything,” with a new major attraction that will seamlessly blend Disney storytelling and state-of-the-art technology to bring this fan-favorite movie and its characters to life.
- As part of Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, guests “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in the fun in this toy-filled land inspired by the “Toy Story” films. Guests can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy assembled from his Mega Coaster Toy Kit. They can also join the little green aliens as they swirl about in their rocket ship toys in the Alien Swirling Saucers. The land also includes carnival games and a restaurant, Woody’s Lunch Box.
- Currently open in Shanghai Disneyland and under construction at the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida, the TRON Lightcycle Run roller coaster invites guests to sync the pedal to the moto-metal while twisting and turning in the cyber-fi world in a high-speed race for survival.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news, photos, and info from around the Disney Parks!