Disney has released new details about the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Here’s a rundown of what’s new to this year’s event.
- New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream, Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side (Located at Hops & Barley Marketplace)
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese, and Pumpkin Seeds (Vegetarian) (Located at The Wine & Dine Studio)
- Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak, smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro (Located at Flavors from Fire)
Disney has likely confirmed that the Wonders of Life Pavilion will play host as the Festival Center this year. Their maps and informational materials point to the Wonders of Life and with a roof renovation nearing completion, it’s likely that we’ll once again be able to enter the old pavilion after The Odyssey played host for recent festivals. For a look at the Wonders of Life Pavilion during last year’s event, check out our photo tour.
Beginning June 14, 2018, you can book your spot at special events.
Culinary demonstrations will take place Monday through Saturday at the Festival Center Stage at 12:30pm. Cost is $17 per guest, plus tax. To book your spot (starting on June 14th), visit Disney’s official site.
For a FULL list of presenters, check out this official PDF from Disney.
A brand new Mimosa Bar is also coming to the Festival Center. In addition to the Mimosa Bar, guests can find wine and local beers, select food options and complimentary samples and seminars hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company.
Official event merchandise can also be found at the Festival Center.
NEW For Kids
Character Dance Party
On Friday and Saturday evenings, kids enjoy an interactive atmosphere where they dance and play along with Disney Characters. More details, such as location of the dance party, will be released at a later date.
Junior Chef Kitchen presented by Krusteaz®
Children become chefs and get to eat what they make in this family-friendly, complimentary experience every Sunday at the Festival Center.
NEW Sunday Brunch With Chef
Sunday Brunch with the Chef
Start your day in the most delicious way with a brunch buffet followed by a conversation with a distinguished, culinary television personality including:
- September 2: Richard Blais (Top Chef; owner of Trail Blais culinary company in California)
- September 9: Jamie Deen (co-owner of The Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah, Georgia)
- September 16: Tiffani Thiessen (actress and author of Pull Up a Chair)
- September 23: Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto (Chef/owner of Morimoto Restaurants, including Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs)
- October 7: Buddy Valastro (Cake Boss; owner of Carlo’s Bake Shop in New Jersey)
- October 14: Art Smith (Top Chef; restaurateur behind Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ at Disney Springs )
- October 21: Geoffrey Zakarian (Iron Chef, Chopped and The Kitchen; restaurateur behind Point Royal at The Diplomat Beach Resort in Florida)
- October 28: Carla Hall (co-host of ABC’s The Chew)
- November 11: Alex Guarnaschelli (Iron Chef and Iron Chef Gauntlet; Executive Chef at Butter in New York City)
Cost is $129 per guest and the event runs from 11:30am to 1:30pm. You can make your reservation on the official Disney website starting June 14th.
As always, stick with BlogMickey.com for the latest information on this and other events around Walt Disney World. The 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs from – , 2018.