The first job opening for the Disney Skyliner gondola system at Walt Disney World has been posted online. The title for the position is Senior Transportation Engineer and the some of the job description highlights include:
- The Sr Transportation Engineer is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the Disney Skyliner aerial lift system
- The Sr Transportation Engineer provides leadership and representation for the organization of approximately 40 to 50 mechanics, technicians and leaders
- The Sr Transportation Engineer also provides technical leadership, oversight and direction for the tactical performance of diagnostic troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance, as well as the strategic planning for refurbishment, replacement and renewal of the Disney Skyliner, its systems and its components
- Maintain gondola aerial lift system in good operating condition; survey and develop renewal an reinvestment plans
Some of the basic qualifications are:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining cable driven aerial lift systems for gondolas and/or ski-lifts, including operation and troubleshooting, detachable grip inspection and rebuilds, sheave assembly overhaul, rope tensioning and replacement, drive motor, gearbox and bullwheel inspection and repair/replacement, and cycle out and evacuation procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electrical, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, systems as applied to aerial lift systems.
- A minimum of 10 years maintenance experience on aerial lifts systems for gondola cabins and ski-lifts.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience for maintenance of aerial lifts for gondola cabins and ski-lifts.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ANSI B77 – American National Standard for Passenger Ropeways
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and various shifts as needed.
The job opening doesn’t list a position start date or opening date for the Disney Skyliner gondola system as a whole, but current estimates point to a Summer 2019 opening.