Hurricane Matthew looks to be a very strong storm when it passes by Walt Disney World on Friday. Here are the latest impacts and cancellations property-wide (latest updates at top):
- All Walt Disney World parks will close at 5pm tonight (10/6)
- All Walt Disney World parks will remain closed all day Friday (10/7)
- Disney Springs will also close at 5pm tonight (10/6) and remain closed all day Friday (10/7)
- The bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Resort and the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort are being evacuated
- The Thursday (10/6) and Friday (10/7) Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party have been cancelled
- Typhoon Lagoon will be closed on Friday (10/7)
- Blizzard Beach will be closed on Thursday (10/6) and Friday (10/7)
- The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Hoop De Doo Musical Revue are cancelled for Thursday (10/6) and Friday (10/7)
- Characters in Flight at Disney Springs is closed through Sunday (10/9)
- Fort Wilderness issuing a mandatory evacuation by 2pm on Thursday (10/6)
According to the 11pm update, Walt Disney World will have tropical storm force winds (45-55 mph, gusts to 70 mph) from now until Friday evening.
Below is the 5am cone of uncertainty. Current projection places the center of the storm roughly 80-85 miles due East of Walt Disney World.
Changes since the 2am update:
- Speed as slowed from 14mph NW to 13mph NNW