The Walt Disney Company recently celebrated its Disney Aspire college tuition reimbursement program passing its 5-year milestone.
Following the commemoration of Disney Aspire’s anniversary earlier in the week, Bob Iger—Disney’s CEO—surprised some employees and cast members in the program at Disneyland in Anaheim, California on Wednesday.
When Iger announced the program in 2018 he said that he “always believed that education is the key to opportunity” and “it opens doors and creates new possibilities.” Some of the key metrics from the program include:
- 3,800+ current employees have graduated since 2018
- 3,100 students and graduates have been internally promoted
- More than 50% are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- More than 50% identify as people of color
- 60% identify as women
- 25% of all applicants to US hourly positions at Disney cite Disney Aspire as a primary reason for working at Disney
The Disney Aspire program offers 100% tuition for eligible hourly full-time and part-time Cast Members at a vast number of college programs.
As always, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com as we continue to bring you the latest news, photos, and info from around the Disney Parks!